Socialization and Skill Building Group
This group is designed for children ages 10 to 13. This service promotes awareness about one’s actions and how those actions affect relationships with family and friends. Participants also learn how to correct mistakes and use socialization skills to improve their interaction with others.
• Increase self-esteem
• Learn appropriate social boundaries
• Learn respect and manners
• Develop speaking and listening skills
• Overcome peer pressure
• Defeat shyness and develop impulse control
• Create good friendships and accurate self-image
• Promote sportsmanship and cooperation
Groups typically begin in the spring and are held in the evening, one day a week, for 10 to 13 weeks.